Saturday, April 11, 2009

Telekinesis gadgets are coming to market

Posted in by Illuminated One | Edit
Telekinesis gadgets are coming to market
Published on 04-08-2009

The Force, it seems, is not so strong with this one.

In the virtual world of a game called Neuroboy, I'm staring out over a lagoon at an exact digital replica of a Star Wars X-wing spaceship submerged in blue water. My task: to lift that virtual object out of its murky depths using not my mouse or keyboard, but instead -- à la Luke Skywalker -- my thoughts.

Back in the real world, I'm wearing a bluetooth headset that touches my forehead with a single metal sensor. The more I relax, according to the headset's manufacturer, Neurosky, the more that small metal point will pick up my brain's alpha waves, triggering the ship to rise.

I relax. The spaceship doesn't budge. I close my eyes to slits and let myself slip into a half-trance daze. The ship wiggles ever so slightly, and I respond with a bit of hopeful excitement that immediately sends it sinking back into the water.

After a minute or so of frustration, I retreat to my keyboard to switch the game from "lift" to "pull" mode. Suddenly, and without a single Jedi mind trick, the X-wing leaps toward me and fills the entire screen, only coming to rest when I pull off the headset to break the sensor's connection with my forehead. Either my mental powers aren't yet ready for Neurosky's gadgetry, or vice versa.

SOURCE: BLACK LISTED NEWS


{ALL THAT IS EVIL WILL BE EXPOSED}

FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE FOR YOUR MIND